Get Out (2017)

GET OUT (2017)

Story

     "Get Out" is a 2017 horror film that tells the story of Chris Washington, a young man who goes on a weekend trip with his girlfriend, Rose Armitage, to visit her family's estate. The movie starts out as a seemingly innocent getaway, but it soon takes a dark turn.

    As Chris spends time with Rose's family and their friends, he notices a series of unsettling and bizarre events. He becomes increasingly uncomfortable as he experiences strange behavior from the Armitage family's servants and an overly intense interest in his background from the family's friends. The atmosphere becomes increasingly tense, and Chris begins to suspect that something is terribly wrong with the Armitage family and their acquaintances.

    The film delves into themes of racial tension, cultural appropriation, and the exploitation of individuals. Without giving away too many spoilers, it becomes evident that there's a sinister and horrifying secret at the heart of the Armitage family's activities.

My Review

    I'm not a fan of horror movies due to some past experiences that made me want to avoid them. So when I heard that our class would be watching "Get Out," I felt a bit anxious. However, as I watched the film, I realized that it didn't live up to the horror hype. It just didn't seem all that scary to me, which was surprising. In fact, I expected a lot more in terms of horror elements. The only scene that had an impact on me was the bingo scene.

    Overall, I wasn't particularly fond of this movie. If I had to give it a rating, I'd probably go with a 6/10. While it was interesting to watch, I doubt I'd ever choose to see it again.

Bingo Scene



Comments

  1. I'm glad you overcame your reservations! I also don't always love the horror genre, but this one is pretty great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephany! Personally, I'm not a fan of the horror genre either. Yet, this film did seem to be more suspense than horror, which I appreciated. The bingo scene got to me too though, but my favorite parts were when Chris' friend was present. I'm surprised by your 6/10 rating, but I can see where you are coming from. Anyways, keep up the good writing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts